20090722

on fear

Fear is my foe, my fatal flaw, unforgivable.

And yet it is my most patient friend, most loyal indeed, never to leave, only to disappear, from view, but ever and always near.

It is not oppressive as others may say, nor is it imposing as you might believe.

But its mere presence is enough to render rationale undone, to allow the imagination to run free, to see the light as if without capacity to refract itself, from the blinding light into an array of colors soon in sight.

Fear is neither a being, nor an object. It is is hardly even a state, of which -for lack of better description, and more truly, understanding, I only begin to thus quantify.

And it is here, as I write, that I shape what is the thing, so called fear, and more impressively, create the perception of a reality, but one reality, so called fear.

Note: Access to Blogger is still blocked within China. Without access to a much appreciated VPN (proxy), I would be unable to publish to my blog from within mainland China. Thus, I am blessed and grateful to be sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment